Once you've logged in to the ATCC Genome Portal, you can search for a genome of interest using the search bar on the home page.
When using the search bar, you can search for genomes using a number of criteria, listed below.
- Full taxonomic name
- Species, genus, family, or order
- NCBI taxonomy ID - using "tax_id"
- The isolation source
- ATCC catalog number
- Bio-safety level number - using "bsl:1" or the required BSL number
- Gold genome status - using "gold:yes" to limit the search to reference genomes with every replicon circularized
- Tag. We've included tags for "Type Strain" (genomes corresponding to strains with official standing in prokaryotic nomenclature, essentially the “definition” of the species), "MSA Component" (genomes of ATCC strains that are part of the popular ATCC® Microbiome Standard products), and "GPS" (genomes of ATCC strains that are part of the “Global Priority Superbug” collection; these AMR-relevant strains include enhanced characterization data such as antibiotic susceptibility profiles and MIC values).
Learn about the table of Published Genomes.